Saturday, December 1, 2012

I don't.

I love you all. I miss you all. But I don't want to come home.

But I have to. I won't be fulfilled if I don't spend my last semester in Berkeley. But I really, really, don't want to leave.

A few nights ago I had an incredible dinner with my housemate Dani's friends from Spain who we've gotten to know as we've been here. We drank, ate potato omelettes, and sausage cooked to perfection. 








The next night, my friends Morgan, Lara, and I cooked dinner together, and had our usual dinner + dessert + movie night. We always share incredible food together and/or workout together. 



The next night, my friend Chloe and I went to Piazza Maggiore to see the big Christmas tree be lit for the first time. Bologna is incredible during Christmas time, all of these little streets are lit with different Christmas lights :) 







That same night I hung out with a bunch of people from my program at an Italian's house and they spent all day making over 20 people pasta from scratch. 






In the dinners with the Spaniards and Itaalians, I was spoiled with food from their homelands, and we conversed til 3 or 4 in the morning. 

I'm getting so close with my housemates, and people in Bologna, who are not just from Italy, but other parts of the world. 

I love it here. I've grown into myself. I don't feel scared to be me. For once. 

It doesn't help that I have Adele's "Make you feel my love," on full blast. But... I feel so much love in Bologna. Not to say I didn't at home. But Bologna is special.

So incredibly special. And to meet strangers who offer so much hospitality. It's incredible.

I don't want to go. I'm happy. I'm me. It's perfect. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Salty Projections

The moment the salty distaste of another fills your mouth with indigestible words is the moment self-loathing within becomes projected upon...