Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Cherry.

As we speak, I'm having a conversation with a friend who is literally putting the cherry on top of everything.

I'm being reminded of how driven I used to be. Not that I'm not now. I'm just really relaxed, have been dismounted from the "glorification of busy" pedestal that I used to reign on, and am resurfacing for a 2-3 year disconnection with myself.

I was driven. I was dedicated. Like none other. I didn't really see obstacles. I mean, I saw them... but I looked at them dead in the face and said, "Bring it. I dare you." And sure I freaked out and stressed the whole way along, but I still got things done. 


Now I'm so go with the flow. And don't really see the value of killing yourself for something, but I still see the value in trying. In caring for something so deeply you would do anything for it. 

As my friend said, 

"It's the people like you and me that can be really successful in the world, and not in the I'm-a-greedy-billionaire kind of way, but more like a I'm-making-and-honest-living-loving-life-and-doing-what-I-can-to-make-a-positive-difference-in-the-world kind of way."

Thanks, buddy. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Salty Projections

The moment the salty distaste of another fills your mouth with indigestible words is the moment self-loathing within becomes projected upon...