Saturday, February 8, 2014

Brink

I love when a series of reaffirming events occur; moments that all solidify the same particular belief, hope, or action. 

I feel like I'm on the brink of something exquisite right now. Granted, it has taken much practice and patience to get to this point, and will require even more in the future, but it's still a long-lost feeling that I've been missing and craving

This morning I was able to successfully meditate for the first time in months. When I say successful, I don't necessarily mean that I came out of my meditation session with all of my problems answered and a completely clear mind. By successful, I mean that I was able to embrace and endure raw, intense, and deep emotions without running away from them. That was such an incredible feeling -- to know that I'm progressing in my ability to love myself again.

Throughout the past few weeks, so many resources have been coming my way that have been helped me gather up tools to improve how I view myself. 

I'm always so kind, open, and loving with others, and I feel like one of my biggest challenges is treating myself just how I treat others. When I am at peace with myself though, I notice that my ability to transcend love is of course much, much stronger. 

I want to feel the love I give to others, and then intensify the level of love I feel and give to others. 

Everyone deserves to feel loved and accepted. I love making people feel this way -- we have enough things in society that makes us doubt ourselves, so why would anyone choose to behave in such a way that makes others feel so bad about themselves, if WE ALL KNOW that almost all of us are having enough internal battles as it is!?! But with that said, I also need to make myself feel this way, not just others

To make myself self-love though, I need to confront the things I've been trying to avoid. I read a few quotes today that sum it up so nicely, and I'm honestly so excited to be in a good place again:

"By becoming intimate with how we close down and how we open up, we awaken our unlimited potential." 


"Unconditional good heart toward others is not even a possibility unless we attend to our own [problems]. Everything we encounter thus becomes an opportunity for practicing loving-kindness." 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Salty Projections

The moment the salty distaste of another fills your mouth with indigestible words is the moment self-loathing within becomes projected upon...