Saturday, January 19, 2013

5 Months

5 months. My life is completely changed.

I just took a break from studying to make some earl grey tea for me and my roommate Nathaly. We're studying like mad. 

Stefano just left to go home for the next week. But Nathaly leaves to do some traveling on the 23rd, and doesn't get back into Bologna until a few hours after I've already left for the States. 

It's so weird to think that the 5 of us won't all be together again for a very long time. 

The past few weeks have been a whirlwind of savoring the last bites of our favorite foods, the last talks, the last laughs, and the last hugs, for the next few years. 

Yesterday I went into my favorite bakery in Bologna. It's across the street and the owners are so nice. They recognized me, and asked me where I'm from,  and how long I've been here. I said I've been here for 5 months, but I'm going back in a couple weeks. 

(In Italian) they responded and said, that must have been a beautiful period of time to meet people, get close with people, and make new connections.

I paused, and smiled, and said yes... yes it was. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Salty Projections

The moment the salty distaste of another fills your mouth with indigestible words is the moment self-loathing within becomes projected upon...