Tuesday, August 21, 2012

My New Home

Since my luggage still hasn't arrived, I've been stuck at the apartment, waiting for when the delivery truck gets here. They send you a text, and you have a very short window of time to go downstairs and grab your luggage when they get here. 

So today, I'm waiting at the apartment, hoping my things will arrive. 

While I'm waiting, I figured I would give you guys a tour of the apartment! 


So here is the entry way when you walk in the door. To the left is the kitchen. Straight and to the left is the other double, and straight and to the right is the single. On the right hand side is the other bathroom. 





        


Next, I'll show you what the other rooms actually look like. The picture on the left is the double. The middle picture is the entry way to the single, and the last picture is the single. 



        


And next folks, we have the kitchen. When you walk in the door and look to your right there is the table to sit and eat at, it has 4 stools. To the right of the table is the frige. Straight ahead (picture 4) is the sink, washing machine (yes, that's how they do it in Italy), and oven/stove. To the immediate right you see cabinets (see picture number 3). To the right of those cabinets is my small balcony, and the view of it can be seen in picture number 2.

It's actually a really roomy kitchen, especially for Europe. 








ANDDDD... if you were to take a right (after walking straight toward the oven/sink area), you would have.... my room :) 

To your immediate right when you walk in, is this vanity, and to the left there is a desk against the wall, (to the left of the bathroom door) that looks just like the one right next to my bed. 

Next to the vanity is the huge closet with full length mirrors, that window over looks a super busy street that leads to Piazza Maggiore, with the two towers. And that's my bed in front of the window.







My desk is the one to the left of my bed, the yellow bed will be my future roommates new bed, who will arrive here on Thursday.

And when looking at my bed from the view (as seen in picture 3), if you were to turn to your left there would be a door on the wall behind me that leads to my room's own bathroom :)

And yes, the bathrooms have bidets, have I used them for the original purposes? No. Will I try it? Perhaps. I have used them to wash my feet though (Thanks for the tip sister), my feet tend to get a bit dirty from walking around.

And last, but not least, here is the beautiful view from my bedroom!!!! :)

If you look straight ahead there is a yellow building, which has the beautiful wooden doors, to the right of those wooden doors is Caffe Zamboni (the name of my street). The people there are so nice and the cafe is always open when I wake up and when I go to bed. They let me use their telephone to call my landlord the first day I arrived to Bologna. 


            

This is the view to the left, and then to the right, from my window.

To the left you can see into Piazza Maggiore, and on the right you can see all of the tables that are always filled by customers from Caffe Zamboni.

So there you have it! My apartment. I finally organized everything (that was in my carry on, so not much really), so I'm starting to feel a little more at home :) 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Salty Projections

The moment the salty distaste of another fills your mouth with indigestible words is the moment self-loathing within becomes projected upon...