Wednesday, January 1, 2014

practice

I think I take for granted the importance of practicing. 
When I learn something, my ego gets the best of me, and assumes that newly obtained knowledge, habits, and perspectives will for always be there. 
And that is incredibly false. 
So. so. so. false. 
Our minds are adaptive. And habitualness -- in certain forms and structures -- is vital for the persistence of lifestyles, ideas, knowledge, and mindsets.

For example, I know the importance of gratitude. I know what writing does for me. But, there's a reason why I haven't written on this blog in over 2 months; I know what writing and gratitude does for me and how important it is, but because I know, I thus forget to practice

If I feel that a day had events that were too insignificant to write about, or to express gratitude toward, than my mind will eventually make a habit out of the idea of "insignificance." I even further belittle myself by thinking I don't deserve that time to unwind and unravel the small -- and what I should see as -- beautiful moments of my day. 

My mind is tangled, serrated, free-flowing, and jumbled. Writing helps make things coherent in a chaotic, but orderly, fashion. 

Everyone needs a little bit of order in their lives. Our bodies, our existence, is order in the midst of a sea of chance. The more I mimic, record, devour, inspect, and appreciate what is around me, the more I exercise my ability as a thing, as an entity, that has been granted the chance to live....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Salty Projections

The moment the salty distaste of another fills your mouth with indigestible words is the moment self-loathing within becomes projected upon...