Monday, February 3, 2014

Realms

Being swept in swirling, consuming, and effervescent warmth; the thought alone quenches my thirst for company and adventure. 



I am both calmed and ignited by the thought of the archaic, and the perpetuity of modernity; the juxtapositions, the melting, the commingling of it all. Spaces that allow contradictions to grind, evolve, and persist will always steal and reaffirm my heart. Spaces that allow opposites to just be, will always provide comfort. Coexisting, in any form, is a type of existence that is under-pursued and underrated. 



I will always be weak at the knees at the thought of, or encountering of, a place that transgresses the normal, and allows me to transgress the normal



I dream of resuscitating behaviors, habits, and charisma that are unleashed in these places. My mind becomes encapsulated by expectations, customs, and  my location. A lack of warm, a lack of clash, a lack of melding can nourish an environment that pulls me into "the uncomfortably comfortable."  

The uncomfortably comfortable is the realm of bitterly habitual cycles and old patterns. I want to simply live in the comfortably uncomfortable; the realm of the invigorating unknown and undiscovered new. 

I want to revivify my life, reinstate the comfortably uncomfortable. 
I don't want to exist as or portray the identity I have within the uncomfortably comfortable. 

Finding the power to do so can be simple and yet incredibly difficult; one must confront fears, accept awkward moments, dance with alienation, and acquire courage. 

For 2014, I hope to unearth the skills I know I have, but have hesitantly buried. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Salty Projections

The moment the salty distaste of another fills your mouth with indigestible words is the moment self-loathing within becomes projected upon...