Sunday, March 3, 2013

Enough

I think the biggest battle that people face at UC Berkeley, is feeling like they're not ENOUGH. 

Everything is so competitive here. No one really stops to ask themselves if they're happy or content, or -- if they're not -- what they need to do to feel that way. It's always: you're not good enough, or you're not enough.

I love it here. But sometimes it gets really frustrating to have to constantly fight that mentality. It's exhausting. I just wanna do me, and not be given shit for being who I am. 


I'm tired of people saying: 
- "How's your twig and berries?" (When I'm eating a healthy dinner) 
- "Oh, are you only happy now because you're skinny?" 
- "Did you even learn anything or do any work while you were abroad?" 

This is just some of the stuff thrown my way. And I know, my life isn't that hard. But it sucks when people try to break down the things that mean most to you.

I'm sick of it. 


YES. I like eating healthy. YES. I am happy because I am healthy and I exercise. I enjoy taking care of myself. And YES I worked really hard when I was abroad. I learned a different language, took 6 courses, which included masters courses.

So please, don't try to push me down, because you're unhappy with yourself. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Salty Projections

The moment the salty distaste of another fills your mouth with indigestible words is the moment self-loathing within becomes projected upon...